- Like the other releases in the vintage series, the javelin is very faithful to the original kit released in the 80S.
- The kit requires full assembly, like the original javelin
- Each part has been upgraded for use with modern power Systems (Brushless motors and LiPo batteries) while retaining the javelin’s unique design.
- Two types of drive system are included – the standard chain drive and the once optional belt drive system. Either can be installed at the time of assembly.
- This is an unassembled kit. It requires complete assembly
The Javelin’s original design concept was to create a machine that redefines what it meant to be the “best.” More than 30 years since its release in 1986, This electric off-road competition model has been recreated as the sixth model in the Kyosho vintage series. Incorporating a more realistic tube-frame style body, The new Javelin features the proven performance of double wishbone suspension with a ladder-style aluminum frame that delivers the same performance that made it a superior race car back in the 80S. The Javelin’s sealed chain-drive system produces excellent performance and durability. A drive belt and pulleys are also included to build the car with either the chain drive that was included in the original car, or a belt drive, which was optional when the car was originally released. The drive system includes other upgrades like fine 48-pitch gears and an adjustable slipper clutch to better protect the drive system, especially with more powerful motors. The two-piece compound gear features a molded composite spur gear that keeps the drivetrain running smooth and quiet. All the other gears are 48-pitch metal right down to the diff gear, which makes the drivetrain run more smoothly, efficiently, and more durable. The upper shaft features a slipper clutch to protect the drivetrain. The large diameter aluminum shocks, recreated similar to the original design, slightly increase the amount of suspension travel, and a larger bore for improved bump handling. All this happens within a package that appears nearly identical to the original Javelin, but the subtle, almost invisible upgrades deliver more superior handling ability, especially on modern tracks, and they make this version of the Javelin useful with modern batteries and power Systems.