- O.S. 55AX Glow-Powered Aircraft Engine with Advanced Bimetallic Liner and Power Box E-3071 Muffler
- More muscle for .40-size aircraft.
- Unique, angular head design boosts overall cooling.
- Comes with an assembled 40K carburetor with an easy-to-adjust rear angle needle valve for added safety.
- Innovative Power Box E-3071 muffler minimizes exhaust noise without reducing overall power.
- Features a #8 glow plug, a long-standing favorite of 2-stroke pilots around the world.
Put more power in your .40-size model the easy way: just drop in a 55AX engine.
It has the same bolt pattern as the 46AX for no-mod retrofits, but it also has the added displacement needed to swing bigger props – and everything you need for better 3D, precision and sport flying.
- A diagonally-placed needle offers more pilot safety and eliminates the need for a remote needle valve.
- The six-sided, angular head offers unique looks and significantly more surface area for cooling.
- Included E-3071 Power Box muffler quiets without compromising power.
- Exclusive ABL (Advanced Bimetallic Liner) reduces friction and wear.
- Aircraft blend fuel containing 5-20% nitromethane with at least 18% lubricant
- Displacement: 0.545 cu in (9 cc)
- Bore: 0.91 in (23 mm)
- Stroke: 0.85 in (21.5 mm)
- Rpm Range: 2,000-17,000
- Output: 1.68 hp @ 16,000 rpm
- Weight: 14.3 oz (404 g) w/o muffler; 18.11 oz (513 g) w/muffler
- Includes: #8 glow plug, E-3071 Power Box muffler and needle valve extension
- Recommended Props: 11×6, 11×7, 12×6, 12×7, 12×8 and 13×6